Diagnosing defects in roofing and cladding is a CPD talk by Mark Sulik of Durrant Consulting, supported by a presentation of FOAMGLAS cellular glass insulation by Andrew Jones of Pittsburgh Corning UK Ltd. This talk takes place on Wednesday, 17 January 2018, 6.30pm, at the Kings Hotel, Stokenchurch.
Mark Sulik has a considerable reputation as a roofing expert, with over 35 years in the industry, rising to director level in two roofing contractors and a manufacturing company. Recently, he took over Durrant Consulting, an independent defect consultancy and materials testing company with which he has been associated for 15 years. The work involves surveys of defects in building envelopes through non-invasive and invasive investigation; preparing reports to be used in rectification or for the purpose of litigation where a dispute has arisen; acting in mediation and joint expert witness situations.
His professional associations include:
- Fellow of the Institute of Roofing (FIoR) and a past director of the Flat Roofing Contractors Advisory Boad, now merged into the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC).
- Member of the Institute of Mastic Asphalt Technology (MIAT); he undertakes investigations and testing of waterproofing and sub-bases in structural waterproofing, and provides material testing services for compliance and performance using independent UKAS testing laboratories.
- Attending technical conferences worldwide, working with material manufacturers to develop materials and roofing systems, and related standards.
In the past, Mark has spoken at the Building Surveyors' Oxford Briefing, where he demonstrated the application of hot asphalt.
Andrew Jones manages the UK Foamglas Building Division of Pittsburgh Corning UK Ltd. Originally qualifying as an architectural technician, his career spans Roberts and Burling Roofing distributors, Pyrok cement panel manufacturers and 25 years with Pittsburgh Corning.
His presentation will cover:
- the manufacturing process
- ecology and sustainability
- properties of cellular glass insulation
- design solutions.
Sandwiches, etc. will be provided from 6.00pm courtesy of Pittsburgh Corning UK Ltd.
Date/time: Wednesday, 17 January 2018, 6.30pm. Sandwiches, etc. available from 6.00pm.
Venue: Kings Hotel, Oxford Road, Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire HP14 3TA. Two minutes from M40 Jn 5.
Cost: FREE to 3CPD subscribers, APC candidates and students; £20 (inc. VAT) for non-subscribers.
To book, please contact Guy Pullen, firstname.lastname@example.org, (t) 01844 274830.
The Kings Hotel, Oxford Road, Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire HP14 3TA, (t) 01494 609090, is located just two minutes from M40 Jn 5, with its own car park and further parking alongside the village green.
This event is organised by 3CPD Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation offering CPD and social events across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire and neighbouring counties for RICS members and others working in the construction and property sectors. 3CPD is run by local chartered surveyors.